The nursing major will consider applicants who:
- Have completed at least 60 semester credits.
- Have a combined cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale on previous academic work.
- Have a transcript evaluation completed to determine how outstanding course requirements or needed credits, if any, will be fulfilled.
- Submit a copy of current unencumbered Minnesota registered nurse license.
- Fulfill the admission requirements for either Category A or B.
Category A applicants must
- Hold an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in nursing with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale from a regionally accredited institution and with a grade of C or better in each nursing course. (If any part of Category A requirements is not met, select Category B.)
Category B applicants must
- Hold an associate’s degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution or a diploma from an accredited hospital nursing program.
- Have completed the following prerequisite college-level courses from a regionally or nationally accredited institution. Each course must have earned at least two semester credits.
- Anatomy and Physiology I (4 semester credits recommended)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (4 semester credits recommended)
- Chemistry: Organic or Biochemistry (4 semester credits recommended) or Nutrition (3 semester credits recommended)
- Lifespan Development (3 semester credits recommended)
- Microbiology (4 semester credits recommended)
- Have earned a grade of C or better in each of the prerequisite science courses.
- Submit a current resume that includes work experience that indicates a minimum of one year of nursing experience. May be waived for direct A.S. degree transfer students; contact an enrollment counselor for details.
- Submit two Admission Reference forms—one from a supervisor and one from a colleague if employed in nursing or from a nursing instructor or professor.
- Submit documentation of current health insurance coverage (a copy of card or other proof).
Note: Bethel nursing malpractice insurance coverage is required. Prior to any clinical practicum, a criminal background check must also be completed.
Applicants will be notified of their admission category status by mail following approval of the nursing department.
- Copy of current unencumbered Minnesota registered nurse license
- Documentation of current health insurance coverage
- Copy of current CPR certification
- Completed Nursing Student Immunization Record
- Documentation of a 2-step Mantoux and a current negative Mantoux/chest X-ray
You will receive instructions on accessing www.VerifiedCredentials.com with your admission letter and at the nursing program orientation.
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply in order to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.