The required curriculum for the human services major comprises a 42-43 semester credit sequence of courses to be taken consecutively throughout the calendar year. For course sequence, request a program calendar from the College of Adult & Professional Studies.
|HUSE 300||Family Perspectives||3|
|HUSE 305||Individual and Family Development Over the Life Cycle||3|
|HUSE 320||Advocacy and Social Change||3|
|HUSE 330||Leading and Managing in Human Services Organizations||3|
|HUSE 386||Social Inequality||3|
|HUSE 400||Research Methods||3|
|HUSE 405||Family Social Policy||3|
|HUSE 410||Dynamics of Interpersonal Relationships||3|
|HUSE 435||Families in Cross-Cultural Perspective||3|
|HUSE 445||Counseling Microskills||3|
|HUSE 450||Introduction to Addictions Counseling||3|
|HUSE 485H||Professional Practice Issues and Ethics||3|
|HUSE 490||Integrative Internship Seminar 1||3-4|
|or HUSE 491||Internship in Addictions Counseling II|
|PSYC 335||Introduction to Statistics||3|
|Human Services Major Total||42-43|
|General Education, Core Distinctives, and Elective Courses||79-80|
Course must be taken for credit at Bethel
Human Services (B.A.) Admission Requirements
The human services major will consider applicants who:
- Meet the general requirements for admission to the College of Adult & Professional Studies.
- Have a combined cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale on previous academic work.
- Have a transcript evaluation completed to determine which, if any, outstanding course requirements or needed credits must be fulfilled.
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.
Adult Professional Studies
- B.A. in Organizational Leadership
- Certificate in Addiction Studies
- Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Minor in Human Services