The vision of the organizational leadership program is to ignite the leader within. The mission of the organizational leadership program is to develop authentic leaders and followers for a changing world through a Christian worldview. The major is an interdisciplinary program designed to develop leaders to move beyond efficiency to effectiveness -- beyond training to transformation. It is acknowledging the reality that leadership is about more than a title. Today’s leader must:
- Provide direction with clarity and confidence.
- Establish alignment and relationships within teams and stakeholders, rather than function as a solo leader.
- Continually develop personal leadership competencies and capacities.
- Anticipate and incorporate personal change and value relationships with others.
- Understand and integrate the power of the leader-follower relationship.
Through academic study and personal reflection, students will analyze and integrate personal, professional, organizational, global and ethical realities into a holistic view of leadership all the while learning to lead collaboratively to accomplish desired outcomes and goals.
Upon completion of the organizational leadership program, students will:
- Analyze the complexities of leading, managing and following to allow for opportunities that achieve shared outcomes.
- Integrate leadership theory, scholarship and practice with developmental self-awareness.
- Evaluate the impact of leading and following within various spheres of influence.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of leadership settings.
- Respond to leadership dilemmas in a manner consistent with one's personal faith and values.
- Assess the well-being of organizations and individuals using a variety of strategies.
Students who complete the major in Organizational Leadership have the option to include a concentration in Christian Ministries or Human Services.
Students who complete the B.A. in Organizational Leadership can fulfill credits for MA in Transformational Leadership at Bethel Seminary. For more information see the Organizational Leadership pathway page.
The B.A. Organizational Leadership will consider applicants who:
- Meet the general requirements for admission to the College of Adult & Professional Studies.
- Have a combined cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale on previous academic work.
- Have a transcript evaluation completed to determine which, if any, outstanding course requirements or needed credits must be fulfilled.
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.
The required curriculum for the organizational leadership major comprises a 39 semester credit sequence of courses. Students have the option to include a 12-credit concentration.
|Courses in the Major|
|BUSN 320||Professional Project Management||3|
|ORGL 310||Leadership and Adult Development *||3|
|ORGL 330||Theories of Organizations and Leadership *||3|
|ORGL 340R||Scholarly Research and Writing for Organizational Leadership||3|
|ORGL 345||Organizational Behavior||3|
|ORGL 350||Leadership Communication||3|
|ORGL 370||Leading in the Digital Age||3|
|ORGL 400||Principles of Leading and Managing *||3|
|ORGL 430||Self-Leadership and Organizational Health *||3|
|ORGL 450||Global Leadership Summit *||3|
|ORGL 462||Integrated Principles of Leadership *||3|
|ORGL 465H||Applied Leadership Ethics *||3|
|ORGL 490||Leading and Change *||3|
|Select one concentration from the Concentrations tab||12|
|Organizational Leadership Major Total||39|
|General Education, Core Distinctives, and Elective Courses||83|
Course must be taken for credit at Bethel.
Organizational Leadership Concentrations
Christian Ministries Concentration
(Cannot be combined with Christian Ministries major, with Christian Ministries minor.)
|CHMN 300||Foundations for Christian Ministry||3|
|CHMN 320||Personal Spiritual Formation||3|
|THEO 341||Gospel in Cross-Cultural Perspective||3|
|THEO 441||Christian Theology||3|
Adult Professional Studies
- A.S. in Business and Leadership
- B.A. in Christian Ministries
- B.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Management
- Minor in Accounting
- Minor in Business Management
- Minor in Organizational Leadership