The required curriculum for the M.A. in Athletic Training Leadership comprises a 36 semester credit sequence of courses.
|ATRN 633||Current Topics in Athletic Training 1||3|
|ATRN 642||General Medical Assessment 1||3|
|ATRN 650||Evidence-Based Practice in Athletic Training 1||3|
|ATRN 750||Athletic Training Master's Project I 1||3|
|ATRN 790||Athletic Training Master's Project II 1||3|
|LEAD 611||Leadership Theory & Personal Agency 1||3|
|LEAD 621||Worldview, Ethics and Leadership 1||3|
|LEAD 641||Organizational Diagnostics and Health 1||3|
|LEAD 651||Leadership Formation and Strategic Talent Management 1||3|
|LEAD 671||Strategic Communication for Leaders||3|
|Select 2 of the following 5 courses||6|
|Leading in Times of Crisis|
|Managing Conflict Through Dialogue|
|Followership: The Other Side of Leadership|
|Collaborative Leadership and Associative Platforms|
Course must be taken for credit at Bethel.
The M.A. degree program in Athletic Training Leadership will consider applicants who:
- Meet the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School.
- Submit an official transcript (U.S. schools) or NACES or AICE evaluation (international schools) showing an earned baccalaureate or higher degree and official transcripts or NACES or AICE evaluations from all graduate schools attended.
- Have earned an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants who do not have the required GPA of 3.0 will be required to submit a Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score report with a minimum score of 400 (taken within the last three years) or a GRE score report (taken within the last three years; GRE score benchmarks are 149, 149, and 3.6). Applicants who are required to submit TOEFL scores are exempt from submitting MAT scores.
- Submit verification of current Board of Certification (BOC) certification as an athletic trainer. Applicants graduating from CAATE accredited athletic training programs, who have not yet taken/passed the BOC exam, are eligible to apply but must provide verification of certification prior to taking any Athletic Training (ATRN) courses.
- Submit a resume that includes education and work/clinical education experience as an athletic trainer and/or athletic training student.
- Have successfully completed a college-level prerequisite course in statistics from a regionally accredited U.S. higher education institution with a grade of B- or higher. Inferential statistics content is recommended. The course must be a minimum of 3 credit and may have been taken at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Submit one professional and one supervisor Admission Reference.
- Submit a written Statement of Purpose.
- Interview with the program faculty, if invited.
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.
Adult Professional Studies
- A.S. in Business and Leadership
- B.S. in Business Management
- B.S. in Management Information Systems
- Minor in Business Management