The post-master's Doctor of Nursing Practice requires 36-39 total credits. Students complete their coursework online with a 4-day (Monday through Thursday) intensive held on the Bethel University campus.
|NURS 800||The Art and Science of Advanced Nursing Practice||3|
|NURS 805||Evidence Appraisal and Translation Science||3|
|NURS 810||Healthcare Policy and Advocacy||3|
|NURS 820||Population Health and Epidemiology||3|
|NURS 815||Healthcare Economics and Finance||3|
|NURS 825||Leadership and Interprofessional Collaboration 1||4|
|NURS 835||Healthcare Innovations and Informatics||3|
|NURS 840||DNP Practicum I||3|
|NURS 841||DNP Practicum II||1|
|NURS 842||DNP Practicum III||2|
|NURS 843||Elective Practicum 2||2-3|
|NURS 850||Application of Biostatistics for Healthcare||2|
|NURS 887||DNP Project I: Idea Generation and Literature Appraisal||3|
|NURS 888||DNP Project II: Implementation Plan||2|
|NURS 889||DNP Project III: Implementation||1|
|NURS 890||DNP Project IV: Analysis||1|
This 4-credit course includes the Intensive - Leadership Retreat/Coaching/IPE.
Required for students transferring less than 600 practicum hours from their master's program.
NOTE: Prior to any clinical internship, a criminal background check must be completed.
For further information visit the Doctor of Nursing Practice website.
Post-Masters Doctor of Nursing Practice Application Prerequisites:
- Meet all the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School.
- Successful completion of a college-level course in statistics. Inferential statistics content is recommended. The student must have earned at least two semester credits from a regionally accredited (or internationally recognized as equivalent) institution and these credits may have been taken at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Have earned a graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- M.S. with Nursing focus from a regionally accredited institution.
- Advanced Practice Nurse degree.
- TOEFL examination score report is required of all international applicants and all applicants whose primary language is not English. A minimum score of 84 on the internet-based test or 26 on the speaking test is required.
Post-Masters Doctor of Nursing Practice Application Requirements:
- Submit an online application.
- Submit a resume.
- Submit official transcripts (U.S. schools) or NACES or AICE evaluations (international schools) showing earned Bachelor's and Master's degrees from regionally accredited institutions.
- Submit two references (one professional and one supervisor).
- Submit a written Statement of Purpose regarding professional goals.
- Provide proof of health insurance.
- Provide proof of RN License in the state where the clinical will take place.
- Provide proof of APRN License in the state where the clinical will take place (if applicable).
- APRN Certification (if applicable).
- Interview with Program Faculty.
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.