The post-master's Doctor of Nursing Practice requires 36-39 total credits. Students complete their coursework online with a 4-day (Monday through Thursday) intensive held on the Bethel University campus.
|NURS 800||The Art and Science of Advanced Nursing Practice||3|
|NURS 805||Evidence Appraisal and Translation Science||3|
|NURS 810||Healthcare Policy and Advocacy||3|
|NURS 820||Population Health and Epidemiology||3|
|NURS 815||Healthcare Economics and Finance||3|
|NURS 825||Leadership and Interprofessional Collaboration 1||4|
|NURS 835||Healthcare Innovations and Informatics||3|
|NURS 840||DNP Practicum I||3|
|NURS 841||DNP Practicum II||1|
|NURS 842||DNP Practicum III||2|
|NURS 843||Elective Practicum 2||2-3|
|NURS 850||Application of Biostatistics for Healthcare||2|
|NURS 887||DNP Project I: Idea Generation and Literature Appraisal||3|
|NURS 888||DNP Project II: Implementation Plan||2|
|NURS 889||DNP Project III: Implementation||1|
|NURS 890||DNP Project IV: Analysis||1|
This 4-credit course includes the Intensive - Leadership Retreat/Coaching/IPE.
Required for students transferring less than 600 practicum hours from their master's program.
NOTE: Prior to any clinical internship, a criminal background check must be completed.
For further information visit the Doctor of Nursing Practice website.
Post-Masters Doctor of Nursing Practice Application Prerequisites:
- Meet all the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School.
- Successful completion of a college-level course in statistics. Inferential statistics content is recommended. The student must have earned at least two semester credits from a regionally accredited (or internationally recognized as equivalent) institution and these credits may have been taken at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Have earned a graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- M.S. with Nursing focus from a regionally accredited institution.
- Advanced Practice Nurse degree.
- TOEFL examination score report is required of all international applicants and all applicants whose primary language is not English. A minimum score of 84 on the internet-based test or 26 on the speaking test is required.
Post-Masters Doctor of Nursing Practice Application Requirements:
- Submit an online application.
- Submit a resume.
- Submit official transcripts (U.S. schools) or NACES or AICE evaluations (international schools) showing earned Bachelor's and Master's degrees from regionally accredited institutions.
- Submit two references (one professional and one supervisor).
- Submit a written Statement of Purpose regarding professional goals.
- Provide proof of health insurance.
- Provide proof of RN License in the state where the clinical will take place.
- Provide proof of APRN License in the state where the clinical will take place (if applicable).
- APRN Certification (if applicable).
- Interview with Program Faculty.
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.
Adult Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post-Baccalaureate)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN Degree Completion)