BUILD’s mission is to provide students with intellectual disabilities a two-year postsecondary, residential college experience. This experience includes academic, vocational, residential, and social learning experiences with students without disabilities, in order to prepare students to live more independently, maintain meaningful employment, and value lifelong learning.
BUILD provides students with the skills and education necessary to live more independently, maintain meaningful employment, and value lifelong learning. After successfully completing the program’s requirements, students earn a Certificate in Applied Studies with a Career Pathway in Arts and Communication, Business, or Human Services.
BUILD Program Goals:
- Increase in independent living
- Skills to care for self
- Skills to care for living space
- Skills to choose, budget, shop for, and prepare meals
- Skills to live with others
- Meaningful Employment
- Skills to be employed at half-time or more while earning minimum wage or greater
- Experience and skills to work in a career field and position that is meaningful to the student