Application for Admission
Bethel Seminary invites applications from persons who are deeply committed to Christ and His kingdom, and whose gifts and call to ministry have been affirmed by a local body of Christian believers. Students applying to all master’s programs must hold a bachelor’s degree and demonstrate that they are capable of graduate-level work. Since the Admissions Committee is interested in all information that will assist in the evaluation of an applicant’s ability, achievement, commitment to Christ, and promise, the seminary requires that each applicant supply the following materials:
- A formal application for admission, which should be on file by the stated application deadline for the desired enrollment term.
- Official transcripts of college work:
- For Master's degrees - submit an official transcript (U.S. schools) or NACES or AICE evaluation (international schools) showing an earned baccalaureate or higher degree and official transcripts or NACES or AICE evaluations from all graduate schools attended.
- For Doctoral degrees - submit an official transcript (U.S. schools) or NACES or AICE evaluation (international schools) showing an earned master's degree and official transcripts or NACES or AICE evaluations from all graduate coursework.
- An official transcript from any other seminary attended.
- All required recommendations as delineated on the application for an applicant’s particular degree program.
- A record of satisfactory Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores for students from colleges not regionally accredited.
- A group interview or additional materials may be required upon the request of the Admissions Committee.
Applicants will be notified in writing of acceptance to the seminary.
Prospective students are encouraged to visit either of Bethel’s locations. To set up an appointment in:
- St. Paul, call 651.638.6288. Outside Minneapolis or St. Paul call 800.255.8706, ext. 6288, or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- San Diego, call 619.325.5200. Outside the San Diego area call 800.255.8706, ext. 6288, or contact us by email at email@example.com.
Former students not enrolled within the last year (four consecutive terms including interim and summer terms) must contact the Admissions Office to request readmission to the seminary. Students who have not been enrolled within the last three years must reapply and abide by the catalog requirements at the time of their readmission, unless written permission was obtained from the Office of the Registrar prior to the extended leave (for example, in cases of military deployment). If prior permission was obtained, the student may follow the catalog requirements under which they last enrolled.
Students may apply to Bethel Seminary through the following online process:
- Visit the Bethel Seminary website at https://www.bethel.edu/seminary/admissions/apply.
- Click your desired campus for study.
- Click “How to Apply.”
- Click “Online Application.”
For complete details for International students, please refer to the Academic Information section under Scholastic Regulations titled "International Students."
A limited number of qualified students may enroll in classes as special or non-degree students after completing an application form for that purpose and providing a transcript of college work. Such students normally would enroll for no more than two courses per term. No more than 25% of the courses required for a degree may be taken while enrolled under special student status.