The Graduate School will consider applicants who:
- Submit a completed application.
- Submit official evaluations of foreign transcripts from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member organization, an Association of International Credentials Evaluators (AICE) member organization, or an Academic Report official evaluation from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) if applicable. Visit www.naces.org or www.aice-eval.org for lists of member organizations.
- Request a transcript evaluation for transfer of credit, if applicable.
- Have earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale on the highest degree completed.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Indicate acceptance of Bethel Community Expectations by signing the application form.
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.
Additional General Admission Requirements for International Applicants
An international applicant is any candidate who is neither a U.S. citizen nor a U.S. permanent resident alien. International applicants, in addition to the general requirements for admission, must:
Submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Pearson Test of English (PTE) examination score report (required of all international student applicants and all student applicants whose primary language is not English).1 This English proficiency requirement can be waived if the student received an undergraduate degree at a U.S. college or university.
- TOEFL minimum score of 550 is required on the paper-based test, or 80 on the Internet-based test.
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5.
- PTE minimum score of 55.
Submit a completed Certificate of Finances form along with a copy of current bank statement(s) that show evidence of adequate funds to cover a minimum of one year’s full tuition and living expenses.
If an applicant is receiving funds from a U.S. sponsor, submit:
- Notarized letters of support from U.S. sponsor.
Additionally applicants must submit the following:
- A copy of the I-94 (applicants living in the U.S.).
- A copy of their passport (applicants living in or traveling to the U.S.).
- A copy of their current visa (applicants living in or traveling to the U.S.).
- Documentation of health insurance, or upon arrival at Bethel University, the student may consult with the International Student Adviser who will provide the necessary information for the student.
- Transcripts from all colleges and/or universities the student has attended. The transcript(s) is/are required to be evaluated by one of the members of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) if the student's degree(s) is/are received outside of the U.S.
Additional General Admission Requirements for U.S. Permanent Resident Alien Applicants
U.S. permanent resident alien applicants must submit copy of green card.
Some degree programs may require program-specific TOEFL or IELTS requirements. These will be listed within each program's admission section.