Degree Requirements for an Associate of Arts (A.A.)
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
- A minimum of 60 semester credit hours. Of these, the following must be taken in programs that meet Bethel residency requirements:
- at least 28 credits.
- SOCS110 for students in Transfer Levels 1, 2, and 3.
- Specific courses in a program may be required to be taken in residence.
- Completion of required courses, lower-division general education curriculum and electives, distributed as indicated.
- Upon completion of requirements 1–3, participation in a commencement ceremony is expected. The Application for Commencement must be submitted to the College of Adult & Professional Studies.
General requirements allow for inclusion of credits from a higher level. Students graduate under the requirements of the most current catalog at the time they enter Bethel for the last time. Any substitutions are determined by the College of Adult & Professional Studies. A bachelor’s degree will not be awarded until at least one academic term after an associate’s degree has been awarded.
Goal Area 1: Communication
3 courses including an Academic Research Writing course (Category R).
Goal Area 2: Critical Thinking
2 courses. SOCS 110 Succeeding in College is required in residence for Transfer Levels 1, 2, and 3.
Goal Area 3: Natural Sciences
Goal Area 4: Mathematical/Logical Reasoning
Goal Area 5: History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences
Goal Area 6: The Humanities and Fine Arts