Associate of Arts (A.A.)
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
- A minimum of 60 semester credit hours. Of these, the following must be taken in programs that meet Bethel residency requirements:
- at least 28 credits.
- SOCS110 for students in Transfer Level A.
- Specific courses in a program may be required to be taken in residence.
- Completion of required courses, lower-division general education curriculum and electives, distributed as indicated.
- Upon completion of requirements 1–3, participation in a commencement ceremony is expected. The Application for Commencement must be submitted to the College of Adult & Professional Studies.
General requirements allow for inclusion of credits from a higher level. Students graduate under the requirements of the most current catalog at the time they enter Bethel for the last time. Any substitutions are determined by the College of Adult & Professional Studies.
A bachelor’s degree will not be awarded until at least one academic term after an associate’s degree has been awarded.
Courses must meet the Goal Area requirements below:
|Goal Area 1: Communication||8 credit minimum: including an Academic Research Writing course (Category R)|
|Goal Area 2: Critical Thinking||6 credit minimum: SOCS 110 is required in residence for Transfer Level A|
|Goal Area 3: Natural Sciences||8 credit minimum|
|Goal Area 4: Mathematical/Logical Reasoning||3 credit minimum|
|Goal Area 5: History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences||9 credit minimum|
|Goal Area 6: The Humanities and Fine Arts||6 credit minimum|