At Bethel, we honor those who are currently serving and have previously served our country. The Office of Military and Veteran Services offers a number of services to active military members and veterans. Through this office, military-affiliated students and their families receive support in the admissions process, study space, financial aid, veteran benefits, spiritual formation, healthcare resources, and career services.
See the following list of Military and Veterans’ programs and resources for more information on what Bethel offers to military-affiliated students and their families:
Office of Military and Veteran Services: Website | 651-635-2470
2022-2023 Military Benefits Verification Form:
Students who will receive military benefits for tuition and fees and/or books and supplies should use this form to report these amounts. At Bethel, students are required to submit a written request to use entitlement for military benefits, and the submission of this form completes this requirement.
Students are also required to submit a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to
educational assistance before the second term of certification.
- Membership in the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Acceptance of many AARTS credits
For more information on Bethel's military partnerships, see the partnerships webpage.
The Bethel Military Scholarship is available to regularly admitted, degree-seeking students in CAPS, Seminary, and GS, who are, or have served, in the U.S. armed forces. For more information, see the Seminary Scholarships and Awards page.
Financial Aid and Military Benefits:
Beyond Bethel’s membership in the Yellow Ribbon Program, there are a number of other sources of aid given to military-affiliated students. A few examples of military benefits given to Bethel students are listed below:
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) – Air Force
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) – Army
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) – Coast Guard
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) – Marine Corps
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) – Navy
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) and Top Up
- Minnesota GI Bill
- Minnesota State Tuition Reimbursement (STR)
- VA Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve (MGIB – SR)
- VA Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)
- VA Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR & E)
- VA Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill
- VA Chapter 35 - Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEAP)
- VA National Call to Service
If students are awarded military benefits, Bethel-controlled grants and scholarships will be reduced if students' total military benefits, grants and scholarships exceed the financial aid budget for tuition, fees, room, board, books and supplies. For more information on military benefits, visit the Seminary Military Benefits page.