Bethel University has an agreement with Southwest Baptist University (SBU) by which students meeting the requirements listed below will automatically receive preference points and be eligible for the admission process.
1. Students must have a minimum 3.0 overall grade point average.
2. Students must complete the graduate record exam (GRE).
3. Students must complete the PT application through PTCAS by the deadline of the intended enrollment date.
4. Students must document up to 40 hours experience/observation in physical therapy.
5. International students must meet eligibility requirements as outlined in the section on Admission to the University in the Southwest Baptist University catalog.
6. Students must complete all of the following prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of C and a 3.25 prerequisite GPA. Prerequisites should not be taken pass/fail.
• General Chemistry: two semesters in sequence with labs
• General Physics: two semesters in sequence with labs
• General Biology: one semester with lab
• Anatomy/Physiology: one semester each or full year combined sequence with labs from a sciencebased department
• Statistics: one course
Applicants for Fall 2022 or later: three courses from a psychology department (1. general, 2. normal growth and development, 3. abnormal development) Applicants for Fall 2021 or earlier: two courses from a psychology department (1. general, 2. normal growth and development OR abnormal development)
7. Completion of the following support courses (not calculated into prerequisite GPA)
• Medical Terminology: one semester is required at a “B” grade or higher
• Exercise Physiology: not required, by highly recommended; students demonstrating successful completion of an exercise physiology course with a “B” grade or higher will be exempt from completing the exercise physiology component of the DPT program
• Pathophysiology: not required, but highly recommended
Pre-requisite Equivalency for SBU/DPT program
|Choose one of the following sequences:||4|
and Human Biology Lab
|Introduction to Molecular and Cellular Biology|
and Introduction to Molecular and Cellular Biology Lab
|With approval, any upper level human or animal-based Biology course with a Lab|
|BIO 105||Medical Terminology 1||2|
& BIO 215
and Human Anatomy Lab
& BIO 217
and Human Physiology Lab
& CHE 113D
|General Chemistry I|
and General Chemistry I Lab
& CHE 215
|General Chemistry II|
and General Chemistry II Lab
|Choose one of the following sequences:||8|
|Introductory Physics I|
and Introductory Physics I Lab
and Introductory Physics II
and Introductory Physics II Lab
|General Physics I|
and Introductory Physics I Lab
and General Physics II
and General Physics II Lab
|MAT 207M||Statistical Analysis||3-4|
|or PSY 230M||Introduction to Statistical Methods and Experimental Design|
|or HAS 250M||Statistics and Research Methods in Applied Health Sciences|
|or MAT 330||Probability and Statistics|
|PSY 100||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Applicants for Fall 2021 or earlier, choose one of the following Psychology courses:||3|
|Applicants for Fall 2022 or later will require all 3 Psychology courses|
|HAS 376||Exercise Physiology and Assessment 1||3|
& BIO 245
|Pathophysiology and Pharmacology|
and Pathophysiology and Pharmacology Lab
|BIO 409||Advanced Human Gross Anatomy||4|
|Total Credits (Applicants for Fall 2021 or earlier)||50-51|
|Total Credits (Applicants for Fall 2022 or later)||53-54|
Highly recommended; students demonstrating successful completion of an exercise physiology course with a "B" grade or higher will be exempt from completing the exercise physiology component of the DPT program.