The College of Adult & Professional Studies will consider applicants who:
- Submit a completed application form.
- Submit official transcripts from all U.S. schools attended for college credit.
- Submit official evaluations of foreign transcripts from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member organization, an Association of International Credentials Evaluators (AICE) member organization, or an Academic Report official evaluation from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) if applicable. Visit www.naces.org or aice-eval.org for lists of member organizations.
- Submit an official high school transcript or GED, unless at least 30 credits have been accepted in transfer.
- Indicate acceptance of Bethel Community Expectations by signing the application form.
- Complete an interview, if requested by the CAPS admissions review committee.
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.
Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to all majors. Specific CAPS majors and certificates may also require additional program-specific admission requirements which accompany these general admission requirements. Each programs' specific admission requirements are found within the program's page in this catalog.
International Student Admission Requirements
In addition to the general requirements in this section, international applicants to Bethel University's CAPS programs must meet additional criteria for admission. International candidates may enroll as fully online students who plan to complete their program outside the United States. CAPS does not enroll residential international applicants. Residential options for international applicants exist through the College of Arts and Sciences, Graduate School, and Seminary.
Fully Online International Applicants
A fully online international applicant is any candidate who is not a U.S. citizen and intends to complete their fully online program in their home country. Note that non-U.S. citizens cannot receive a U.S. Visa if they are intending to enroll in a fully online program. Fully online international applicants must complete the general requirements for admission as well as the items listed below:
- International student applicants whose primary language is not English must submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) examination score report. This English proficiency requirement can be waived if the student received an undergraduate or higher level degree at a U.S. college or university.
- TOEFL minimum score of 80 on the Internet-based test or 8 on the Essentials test.
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5.
- PTE minimum score of 55.
- Transcript(s) from colleges and/or universities where the highest degree was earned is/are required to be submitted. The transcript(s) is/are required to be evaluated by one of the members of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE) or the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools International, Inc. (CGFNS) if the student's degree(s) is/are received outside of the U.S. It is advised that students received a course-by-course evaluation that shows a cumulative GPA.