Bethel's graduate teacher education degree programs are accredited by the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) which has approved Bethel's Graduate education programs leading to initial and add-on licenses in various K–12, 9-12, and 5-12 content areas; initial and add-on licenses in various special education disability areas; as well as an add-on license in Teacher Coordinator of Work-based Learning.
To be recommended for a license students must:
- Maintain academic success, which is defined as completion of each teacher licensure and each content area course with a passing grade: S, C, or higher.
- Maintain character, ethics, and relational skills consistent with the role and responsibility of the professional educator. Any student failing to meet this expectation may be asked to discuss with the program director other viable options for professional development.
- Complete required license standards, which are subject to change at any time by the Professional Education Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB).
- Meet the PELSB license standards in place at the time of program completion.
If PELSB changes any content standards or education standards after a student is admitted into a Bethel education program, the student is responsible to find, complete, and pay for appropriate classes to meet the standard(s) either at Bethel or another college/university.
The license program in Teacher Coordinator of Work-based Learning will consider applicants who:
- Meet the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School.
- Submit an official transcript (U.S. schools) or NACES or AICE evaluation (international schools) showing an earned baccalaureate or higher degree.
- Submit a copy of full professional teaching license.*
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.
Teachers holding a Tier 2 license through the state of MN are welcome to participate in the Work Based Learning Program including the 3 courses and the practicum. Upon earning their Tier 3 license, Bethel will recommend the candidate for the Teacher Coordinator of Work-Based Learning License.
Teacher Coordinator of Work-Based Learning License
The required curriculum for the Teacher Coordinator of Work-based Learning license comprises a nine semester credit sequence of courses.
|EDUC 705||History and Advancement of Work-Based Learning||3|
|EDUC 707||Designing School-Based Instruction for Work-Based Learning||3|
|EDUC 709||Implementing and Monitoring Work-Based Learning||3|
|TEAC 710||Practicum in Work-based Learning *||1|
Course is required for Minnesota state licensure. If not seeking Minnesota licensure, it can be optional.