The Associate of Science degree (A.S.) contains a balanced program of liberal arts education in combination with a concentrated focus in a business and leadership major or an individualized major. Requirements for the degree (60 semester credit hours in total) include 30 semester credits of general education courses and 30 semester credits of major courses. These requirements can usually be met in two years of full-time study.
Upon completion of the Associate Degree programs at Bethel students will:
- Communicate effectively using written, oral and technological methods of communication.
- Articulate an ethical response to issues using a personal worldview.
- Apply problem solving across disciplines through critical thinking, quantitative, and qualitative skills.
- Describe ways humans address their condition through imaginative work (Art, Literature, Media, etc.).
- Illustrate aspects of their personal and professional well-being (Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Cognitive, Relational, and Meaning).
- Analyze aspects of the world through a Christian view.
- Analyze leadership and business practices within organizations.
- Apply appropriate technology and information literacy in business and leadership decisions.
The business and leadership major will consider applicants who:
- Meet the general requirements for admission to the College of Adult & Professional Studies.
- Have an evaluation completed to determine how outstanding course requirements or needed credits, if any, will be fulfilled.
Students who have not achieved the minimum GPA, grade standards, or other assessment criteria may still apply to be considered for provisional acceptance. See Admission Categories.
Associate of Science in Business and Leadership
|General Education (See below for more details)||Credits|
|Goal Area 1: including an Academic Research Writing course||6|
|Goal Area 2||3|
|Goal Area 3||6|
|Goal Area 4||3|
|Goal Area 5||6|
|Goal Area 6||6|
|General Education Total||30|
|Business and Leadership Major||Credits|
|BUSN 104||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUSN 115||Personal Financial Literacy||3|
|BUSN 200||Business Problem Solving||3|
|BUSN 210||Workplace Communication||3|
|BUSN 285||Information and Organizations||3|
|COMM 160||Basic Communication Skills||3|
|ORGL 101||The Relational Leader *||3|
|ORGL 330||Theories of Organizations and Leadership *||3|
|ORGL 370||Leading in the Digital Age *||3|
|SOCS 170||Conflict Management and the Social Scientific Perspective||3|
|Business and Leadership Major Total||30|
Course must be taken for credit at Bethel.
The listed courses for each Goal area can be found in the CAPS Courses by Goal Area page.
Adult Professional Studies
- A.S. Individualized Major
- Associate of Arts Degree
- B.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Management
- Minor in Business Management
- Minor in Organizational Leadership