Eligible students in certain CAPS majors may dual-enroll in select graduate-level MBA or MA Strategic Leadership (MASL) courses. These courses substitute for pre-selected CAPS courses from the CAPS major providing a pathway for the CAPS student to earn 3 to 9 credits to apply toward both their bachelor’s degree and an accelerated completion of a future MBA or MASL degree. Participating CAPS majors and their corresponding Graduate School pathways are listed below:
- B.S. in Business Management to MBA Pathway
- B.S in Accounting to MBA Pathway
- B.A. in Organizational Leadership to MBA or MASL Pathway
Application and Eligibility Requirements
CAPS students from one of these majors must meet the following requirements to qualify for entry into a pathway:
- At least a junior standing (60+ credits)
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
Students who meet the eligibility requirements should contact their Student Success Advisor for verification to begin the pathway. Students who fulfill both requirements at the time of application, and are determined ready to participate in graduate courses, will be approved to participate in all three courses if desired
Students who do not meet both eligibility requirements may still contact their Student Success Advisor about participation. For these cases, approval from the MBA or MASL Program Director may be required per course.
Registration and Completion
Students are aided by their Student Success Advisor to incorporate these graduate courses within their academic plan. Graduate-level course dates may differ from undergraduate course dates and could affect a student's academic schedule and course load.
Students must earn a grade of D or higher in the graduate course to fulfill the corresponding undergraduate course requirement. CAPS students who do not achieve a grade of D or higher may:
- Request to retake the graduate course with the Graduate School Program Director approval
- Take the corresponding undergraduate level course
Accelerated Application to Graduate School
Successful completion of a graduate course allows students to apply for the MBA or MASL program through an accelerated application process prior to completing their undergraduate degree.
B.S Accounting/Business Management to MBA
Eligible Business Management or Accounting majors may dual-enroll into select graduate-level MBA courses. Participants in the CAPS Business to MBA pathway are allowed to take the following master’s level courses to fulfill undergraduate degree requirements:
B.A. Org. Leadership to MBA or MASL
Eligible Organizational Leadership majors may dual-enroll in to select graduate-level MBA or MASL courses.
Participants in this pathway are allowed to take the following MBA courses to fulfill undergraduate degree requirements:
- Leadership Theory & Personal Agency (LEAD 611) fulfills Principles of Leading and Managing (ORGL 400)
- Strategic Communication for Leaders (LEAD 671) fulfills Leadership Communication (ORGL 350)
- Organizational Diagnostics and Health (LEAD 641) fulfills Theories of Organizations and Leadership (ORGL 330)
Participants in this pathway are allowed to take the following MASL courses to fulfill undergraduate degree requirements: