Master of Arts (M.A.)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Science (M.S.)
Master of Social Work (MSW)
- A cumulative and major GPA of 3.0. The major GPA includes all courses required in the major and all electives taken for the major.
- At least 80% of the credits used to meet the requirements of the major must be taken in programs that meet Bethel residency requirements, except in cases where formal agreements with other institutions exist. Specific courses in a program may be required to be taken in residence.
- Completion of the requirements of a major (listed by discipline in this catalog).
- Completion of departmental and institutional assessment activities.
- Completion of the degree within the maximum time limit. Degree time limits may be found in the Time Limits for Degree Completion policy.
Upon completion of requirements 1–5, participation in commencement ceremonies is expected. An Application for Commencement must be submitted to the Graduate School.
Post-master's degree coursework may meet certain master's degree requirements.
Students graduate under the requirements of the most current catalog at the time they enter Bethel for the last time. Any substitutions are determined by the Graduate School.
Program of Study
Program of study is a term used especially for financial aid purposes. For master’s degrees, a program of study includes the graduation requirements for a master’s degree as well as additional concentrations and certificates declared by the student.
For dual degrees, a program of study includes the graduation requirements for both degrees.