Bethel Seminary offers a variety of degrees and certificates from a selection of delivery options.
- Face to Face delivery consists of on campus courses meeting mostly afternoons or evenings.
- Online with Intensives programs are available by distance education to individuals who can spend limited time on campus.
- Fully Online programs allow students the option to complete all classes fully online or take a blend of fully online and face to face classes if they so choose.
Face to Face Programs
Online With Intensive Programs
The online with intensives programs are specialized degrees designed for individuals who are able to spend only limited time on the seminary campus. These degree programs incorporate two types of courses, intensive courses and fully distance courses.
- Intensive courses incorporate an on-campus component; a class session that typically meets on campus for one week. This on-campus experience is preceded by faculty-guided preparation using distance education methods and is followed by guided application after the on-campus experience.
- Fully distance courses are supported by interactive technologies that allow students to learn from their professor and fellow students in a collaborative learning community.
All online with intensive degree programs host intensives on campus.
Doctor of Ministry
Self-Directed Doctor of Ministry
Bethel Seminary’s self-directed Doctor of Ministry program is nationally recognized, setting new standards in post-graduate theological education. It is dedicated to producing transformed, godly leaders ready for 21st century ministry and is convenient, relevant, progressive, focused, and empathetic. In the self-directed program, students are free to choose between Church Leadership, Congregation and Family Care, or Biblical and Theological Engagement. Courses are offered in the summer and winter on campus.
Fully Online Programs
Each of Bethel Seminary's fully online degree programs allow students to complete their entire degree without the need to attend an in-person class on one of our campuses. Every course required for these degrees are available in a fully distance format which are supported by interactive technologies allowing students to learn from their professor and fellow students in a collaborative learning community. Below is a list of all fully online Master's and Doctor of Ministry programs.
The online master's programs at Bethel Seminary are designed for individuals who are eager to pursue applied graduate education and prefer the option to complete the entire program in a fully distance format. Students in fully online programs are welcome to take an on campus class such as an intensive course or a face to face course if so desired. Below is a list of all fully online programs.
- Master of Arts (Christian Thought)
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Ministry
- Master of Arts (Theological Studies)
Doctor of Ministry
The D.Min. in Transformational Leadership cohort program is the first Doctor of Ministry program available as a fully online program. Students will learn from their cohort mentor and fellow students through the use of interactive technologies in a collaborative learning community through courses and projects.